Discover Young Hackney – great results
Discover Young Hackney – study of success
In 2011 we recruited a board of 8 young people to form the media ambassadors and drive the 2012 comms strategy for Hackney’s youth arts festival. We made a MASSIVE difference.
- Rescoped the website : http://www.discoveryounghackney.com & more than DOUBLED the P.I’s from 4,400 to 11,000
- Changed the name of the opening event to Alter Ego and more than DOUBLED THE ATTENDANCE at The Hackney Empire ( 2011 : 400 – 2012 : 950 )
- Built Alter Ego’s ( look right! )
- Made a short film :
- Visited and presented in schools
- Found and supported the 18 year old illustrator for this years program
- Build a BLOG
- Reported on 6 events with photos and blogs, visits to creative businesses including : MCHI, IPC Media, The Brand Union, Good Agency, Leagas Delany
- 7 ambassadors got mentors including professionals from : Brickwall Films, Happy Finish, Art Against Knives, ex Wieden Kennedy genius Nev
3 out of the 8 young people were classed as NEET and all have gone on to paid work or back to education : Daniel came through the youth offending team and has now gone on to regular paid work for us and Art Against Knives. Shannique is in our office 3 days a week, has just got through to the 2nd round of Starbuck funding for her magazine idea and is going back to college in September. Sienna went on to join Hackney young Design & Make and is working for us as a paid blogger!